Our client is part of one of New Zealand’s largest and most diverse horticultural businesses. They grow, pack, distribute and market a wide range of vegetable crops at a very large scale, producing in the South Island approximately 500ha of fresh produce annually!
They are now looking for a suitably experienced and motivated person to join their groundwork team. The duties for this role would include:
- General Groundwork (e.g. Land Preparation)
- Planting and Inter-row cultivating
- Repairs and maintenance of farm machinery
To be successful in this role we would expect you to have most/all of the following:
- 5+ years working in horticulture with a natural ability to drive and manage farm machinery
- A solid understanding of new systems and GPS with the ability to learn and embrace new developments in the industry
- A full and valid drivers license, forklift and/or a truck trailer license would be an advantage
Our client will offer a competitive income to the successful applicant that is aligned to their level of experience along with the opportunity to learn and progress within the wider 200+ permanent employee business.
If you are interested in finding out more about this opportunity please "apply now" or email your questions to email@example.com