Our client is a friendly Lower Hutt based accountancy firm who are looking for a capable senior office admin/accounts/finance person to be their new Office Manager. In this role you will ensure the smooth running of the office, prioritising professional and personalised client liaison.
As a business professional, the Office Manager will be responsible for a diverse set of tasks, many of which are accounting focussed.
Key tasks include:
- Be an initial point of contact for clients - receive incoming telephone calls, take messages and handle general enquiries
- Perform a range of accounting duties e.g. monthly billing, debtors, reconciliations, sending out statements to clients
- Draft letters for the Director including engagement letters
- Provide Administrative support to the team
- Set up new client files (database and physical) and maintain existing files
To excel in the role, you will ideally have:
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office and be able to learn new IT software packages easily
- Experience with Xero, MYOB or Banklink would be an advantage
- Strong general administration and customer service skills
- At least 5 years work experience in office accounts or administrative roles
- previously worked at senior or manager level in a office environment
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
This role could suit someone with a young family returning to the workforce, or someone wanting to progress into a management role within a small tight knit team.
If you are a positive, friendly person who is great with names and faces, please apply below to find out more.